How to Get a Bangladesh IP Address (Tested April 2023)
It’s frustrating not being able to access your Jamuna Bank account or watch the latest episode of Cirakumāra on NTV when you go on extended trips abroad. Luckily, a VPN can get you a Bangladesh IP address to avoid the security triggers and geo-blocks on some apps.
However, not all VPNs have servers in Bangladesh and some are too slow to even load a simple webpage. I tested over 40 VPNs to find out which ones are the best and most practical to get you a Bangladesh IP address.
When put to the test, ExpressVPN is the best VPN to get a Bangladesh IP address as it has the fastest speeds, the best privacy features, and superb unblocking capabilities. It’s risk-free when you subscribe to ExpressVPN for Bangladesh because if you change your mind, you have 30 days to ask for a refund.
Quick Guide: 3 Easy Steps to Get an IP Address in Bangladesh From Anywhere
- Get a VPN. ExpressVPN is the overall best VPN to get a Bangladesh IP address and it backs your subscription with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Connect to a server in Bangladesh. This will hide your actual IP address and give you a Bangladesh IP address instead.
- That’s it! Now you can access Bangladesh content from anywhere.
The Best VPNs to Get a Bangladesh IP Address (Tested in April 2023)
- 3000+ servers in 94 countries and offers many Bangladesh IP addresses
- Strict no-log policy with TrustedServer technology, military-grade 256-bit encryption, IP leak protection, and a Network Lock kill switch
- Get a Bangladesh IP address on up to 5 devices
- Works with Windows, Android, Linux, Mac, iOS, Chrome, Firefox, Amazon Fire Stick, routers, gaming consoles, and more
- Customer support via 24/7 live chat, email, and online guides
- Trustworthy 30-day money-back guarantee on all plans
ExpressVPN is the overall best VPN to access Bangladesh sites with top speeds, security, and unblocking abilities. Technologies like the Lightway protocol boost speed while TrustedServer prevents data storing on the Bangladesh server. Additionally, all servers are optimized for streaming to unblock global content. The VPN also has many other features to help you use its Bangladesh IP address safely:
- Military-grade 256-bit encryption — uses the most secure cipher to protect your data from hackers and others eavesdropping on your online activities.
- Perfect Forward Secrecy — changes the encryption keys frequently to prevent you from being hacked.
- IP Leak Protection — channels your traffic through an encrypted tunnel whenever you’re connected to a Bangladesh server.
- Network Lock — prevents your real location from being exposed when the internet connection is unstable.
- Threat Manager — helps you browse Bangladesh content without ads, trackers, and malware.
- Privacy-friendly location — based in the British Virgin Islands free from the intelligence-sharing regulations of the 14 Eyes Alliance.
- Private payment method — accepts Bitcoin so you can stay anonymous even to ExpressVPN.
When I connected to the Bangladesh server 2,500 miles away, ExpressVPN had minimal impact on my speeds with just a 7% decline. I also used a server 9,000 miles away to see if the VPN stayed fast on distant servers and my speeds never dropped below 85Mbps. ExpressVPN is the fastest VPN I’ve tested and it’s perfect to stream Chitronatte Bithi on Banglaflix without buffering, even if you’re very far from Bangladesh.
Besides accessing Banglaflix, the VPN also unblocked several other local TV channels. Since all ExpressVPN’s servers are optimized for streaming, they bypassed the geo-blocks in many other countries’ movie platforms, including the US and UK. Some of these are:
|ATN Bangla||Channel I||Netflix|
|Amazon Prime Video||ESPN||Sling TV|
|Crunchyroll||BBC iPlayer||Sky TV|
ExpressVPN allows you to use a Bangladesh IP address on up to 5 devices. Since it has user-friendly apps for all major devices, it took me just 2 minutes to install it on my iPhone and connect to the Bangladesh server. If you have any questions about the VPN or if you need help, the 24/7 live chat agents respond within a minute.
The subscription plans might seem a bit expensive for Bangladesh at first, but ExpressVPN has many features that other VPNs don’t. The 1-year + 3 months plan is worth the speed and security you get for $6.67 per month.
All its plans have a 30-day money-back guarantee if you decide to get ExpressVPN for Bangladesh. I put the policy to the test by asking for a refund via the 24/7 live chat and got instant approval. 4 days later, the money was back in my bank account.
April 2023 Update! ExpressVPN has dropped prices for a limited time to a crazy $6.67 per month for the 1-year plan (you can save up to 49%) + 3 months free! This is a limited offer so be sure to grab it now before it's gone. See more information on this offer here.
- 9138+ servers in 91 countries including 45 in Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Military-grade 256-bit encryption, WiFi protection, strict no-log policy, Content Block, and a kill switch
- Connect up to 7 devices to a Bangladesh server simultaneously
- Compatible with Windows, Android, Linux, Mac, iOS, Chrome, Firefox, Amazon Fire Stick, routers, gaming consoles, and more
- Help available via 24/7 live chat, email, and a huge knowledge base
- 45-day money-back guarantee on the 2-year + 2 months plan
CyberGhost’s WiFi protection keeps you safe on Bangladesh sites when using public hotspots. Cybercriminals can see you making a credit card transaction on public WiFi and steal your data, especially if it’s not password-restricted. If you turn on WiFi protection, CyberGhost will automatically initiate a VPN connection and hide your activities on public WiFi. Additionally, the VPN protects your security and privacy with:
- Military-grade encryption — hides your visits to Bangladesh websites and platforms from cyber spies.
- HMAC authentication — validates traffic to make sure it hasn’t been tampered with by a hacker before arriving at your device.
- IP leak protection — makes sure the encryption is always working when you’re visiting a site through the VPN server in Bangladesh.
- No-log policy — audited by a reputable audit firm to confirm that your data is not saved in the VPN’s server.
- Kill switch — disconnects the internet when your computer goes to sleep to avoid an information leak.
- Content Block — keeps ads, trackers, and malware away to avoid compromising your privacy and device.
During tests, CyberGhost’s global network unblocked many streaming services including TV channels in Bangladesh. Its 9138+ servers worldwide include streaming-optimized servers that also unblocked other popular platforms. CyberGhost is a very capable VPN in bypassing geo-blocks to access your accounts with:
|Amazon Prime Video||ESPN||Sling TV|
|Crunchyroll||BBC iPlayer||Disney+ Hotstar|
You can connect a maximum of 7 devices to a Bangladesh server at the same time. The connections were steady on my 2 laptops, 2 smartphones, a desktop, and 2 tablets when I used them simultaneously. To get an IP address in Bangladesh, I typed in the country name, selected it, and then hit the power button in the VPN’s app.
I also tested several CyberGhost’s Bangladesh servers’ speeds by downloading an award-winning black and white Bengali movie, The Apu Trilogy from the 1950s. It only took me 8 minutes to download the 3GB file and CyberGhost was 15% faster than several other VPNs.
When I tested CyberGhost’s servers over 5,000 miles, it unfortunately took almost 3 times longer. Luckily, CyberGhost’s torrent-optimized server in Bangladesh was super fast and downloaded in just 5 minutes. But since the VPN has no streaming servers in Bangladesh, ExpressVPN is a better choice for watching movies if you’re very far.
I recommend the 2-year + 2 months plan if you get CyberGhost to access Bangladesh content. First, it’s affordable at $2.19 per month. Second, it has a 45-day money-back guarantee that the monthly plan doesn’t have. When I reached out, the 24/7 live chat agent responded within 2 minutes to say that my refund request will be processed right away. My money was returned a week later.
April 2023 Update! You can subscribe to CyberGhost for as low as $2.19 per month + get extra 2 months free with the 2-year plan (save up to 83%)! This is a limited offer so grab it now before it's gone. See more information on this offer here.
- 35000+ servers in 84countries including Bangladesh
- 256-bit military-grade encryption, MACE, a no-log policy, a kill switch, and anonymous gift card payment option
- Access Bangladesh content on up to unlimited devices at the same time
- Compatible with Windows, Android, Mac, iOS, Linux, Firefox, gaming consoles, routers, and more
- Help available via 24/7 live chat system, email, and online guides
- 30-day money-back guarantee on all plans
PIA has MACE to block ads, trackers, and viruses from collecting your information when visiting some Bangladesh sites. I tested MACE and it blocked more than 10 ads on the Bangla Tribune news site. It also refused to load a suspicious link in a phishing email.
Additionally, PIA is powerful enough to bypass the geo-blocks in Bangladesh TV channels like RTV. Plus, it has the largest network on this list which includes streaming-optimized servers in the US to unblock American Netflix outside the country. During tests, PIA accessed:
|ATN Bangla||Netflix||HBO Max|
|Amazon Prime Video||Crunchyroll||BBC iPlayer|
I also liked that PIA’s unlimited simultaneous device connections worked without a glitch. Plus, the apps were easy to download and connected my Windows computer and iPhone to PIA’s server in Bangladesh within 4 minutes.
Since PIA’s server isn’t physically located in Bangladesh and the VPN uses random servers to assign IP addresses, I ran some tests to check its speed. The Bangladesh virtual server was fast enough to watch popular YouTuber Tawhid Afridi without buffering. At 60Mbps, this average speed was quite fast and similar to the physical server in Perth, Australia also about 2,500 miles away from me.
Besides these, PIA also has many impressive security and privacy features to keep your online information safe:
- Military-grade encryption — masks your online identity to prevent hackers from targeting you.
- IP leak protection — prevents your real IP address from being exposed to the sites in Bangladesh.
- Advanced kill switch — disables internet traffic to avoid data leaks if your connection is unsteady.
- Split tunneling — lets you route traffic from selected apps through the VPN server in Bangladesh and the rest directly to the internet.
- Anonymous subscription option — accepts gift card payments to keep your identity private from PIA.
The only drawback is that PIA’s based in the US, a 5-Eyes Alliance nation that shares internet surveillance data. But I’ve used Bangladesh IP addresses many times and felt safe because PIA’s no-log servers have been audited by Deloitte, a reputable independent audit firm. Plus, they’ve been proven in court to contain zero information.
The 2-year + 2 months package is the best plan to get a Bangladesh IP address with PIA. It costs just $2.19 per month and has a 30-day money-back guarantee. I sent an email asking for a refund and received a response the same day saying I’ll get my money back within 2 weeks. It only took 9 days.
April 2023 Update! You can subscribe to PIA for as low as 2.19$ per month + get extra 2 months free with the 2-year plan (save up to 82%)! This is a limited offer so grab it now before it's gone. See more information on this offer here!
- 3200+ servers in 100 countries including 4 in Dhaka, Bangladesh
- 256-bit military-grade encryption, NoBorders mode, CleanWeb feature, a no-log policy, and a kill switch
- Get Bangladesh IP address on up to unlimited devices at the same time
- Works with Windows, Android, Mac, iOS, Firefox, gaming consoles, routers, and more
- 24/7 live chat system, email, and online guide for support
- 30-day money-back guarantee on all plans
Surfshark lets you use a Bangladesh IP address in countries that ban VPNs like China and the UAE. Its NoBorders feature is automatically enabled when the VPN detects restrictions on your network. It’ll also give you a list of servers that’ll work best in the location.
I was also impressed by how fast Surfshark’s servers in Bangladesh were when I made several video calls from Malaysia over a few days. I consistently averaged above 55Mbps to get clear audio and video quality on FaceTime. I didn’t experience frozen screens or audio delay whether I connected during peak or off-peak hours.
This is also a reliable VPN to unblock Bangladesh and global content. Sites like Cinespot became instantly available once Surfshark connected to a Bangladesh server. Besides bypassing geo-blocks in Bangladesh streaming and banking platforms, Surfshark also accessed:
|Somoy TV||ATN Bangla||NTV|
|Amazon Prime Video||DAZN||BBC iPlayer|
Unlike most VPNs, Surfshark lets you use a Bangladesh IP address on unlimited devices including smartphones, desktops, laptops, web browsers, smart TVs, and more. Getting started is as easy as downloading an app and it took me no more than 2 minutes. To connect to a server in Bangladesh, just type the country name in the search bar above the location tab.
With Surfshark, you don’t have to worry about your security and privacy when using a Bangladesh IP address. This is because Surfshark has several features to make sure your real location is always hidden. Some of the VPN’s features are:
- IP leak protection — keeps your traffic within the VPN’s encrypted tunnel when you’re connected so you don’t lose access to Bangladesh platforms.
- CleanWeb feature — protects your privacy from ads, trackers, and malware that are sometimes hidden in Bangladesh websites.
- No-log policy — audited and verified by a reputable independent audit firm, Deloitte.
- Double VPN — secures your data even more with double encryption.
The only problem is that if you use Surfshark’s double VPN feature for Bangladesh, it could slow down your connections considerably. However, I found its single encryption enough to keep me safe in most instances, including when paying bills using a WiFi connection.
If you’d like to get this VPN for Bangladesh, Surfshark’s 2-year + 2 months plan is the best. It costs just $2.30 per month you’ll have 30 days to see if it works like it should for Bangladesh. If not, it’s easy to ask for a refund. I sent a message via live chat and received confirmation within a minute. 8 days later, the money was back in my account.
- 6500+ servers in 78 countries including Dhaka, Bangladesh
- 256-bit military-grade encryption, Quantum-Resistant encryption keys, a no-log policy with an Always-On Audit clause, a kill switch, and a warrant canary statement
- Allows up to 10 devices to connect to the server in Bangladesh
- Compatible with Windows, Android, Mac, iOS, gaming consoles, routers, and more
- Speed support on 24/7 live chat, email, and online forums
- All plans have a 31-day money-back guarantee
PureVPN has Quantum-Resistant encryption keys to use Bangladesh websites safely. Some hackers gather your encrypted data as you access your Sonali Bank account hoping that modern technologies will help them crack it. Luckily, PureVPN’s state-of-the-art encryption prevents the supercomputers of the future from cracking today’s ciphers. Additionally, PureVPN has the following features to keep you safe:
- Military-grade encryption — hides your connections from third parties to keep your personal information secure.
- Audited no-log policy — proves it doesn’t collect your data by being ready for an audit at any time, without prior notice.
- IP leak protection — keeps your real IP address hidden from every platform and service you use online.
- Headquarters in the British Virgin Islands — has privacy-friendly laws that exclude data collection or sharing.
The server in Dhaka unblocked Live TV on NTV as soon as the connection was made. Besides that, PureVPN has servers in 78 countries including the US and UK to access global platforms like:
|Somoy TV||ATN Bangla||Banglaflix|
|Amazon Prime Video||Disney+||BBC iPlayer|
When tested, PureVPN averaged 57Mbps on the Bangladesh server and it was enough to watch Torbaaz in UHD on Netflix. The 2-hour movie loaded within seconds and didn’t lag until the end. PureVPN’s long-distance servers in Europe were also fast and kept speeds above the required 25Mbps for UHD viewing.
Though the VPN allows 10 simultaneous connections, I only tested 7. The apps worked steadily throughout the 8 hours I used my devices but I found it difficult to get help with issues from the VPN.
I sent a message via 24/7 live chat but I received no reply for half an hour. I sent them an email and I got a detailed response 16 hours later, but I found the lack of live support disappointing. With ExpressVPN, the agents responded to me in less than a minute on live chat.
For the best value, try PureVPN’s 2-year + 3 months plan for Bangladesh. It’s $2.08 per month and has a 31-day money-back guarantee. I sent an email asking for a refund and followed up twice regarding the status. I got my money back after a month.
- 15 servers in Bangladesh among the 4800+ in over 81 countries
- Military-grade 256-bit encryption, WiFi protection, strict no-log policy, and a kill switch
- Secure unlimited devices simultaneously
- Apps for Windows, Android, Mac, iOS, Chrome, Firefox, and more
- Customer support via 24/7 live chat, email, and an extensive knowledge base
- 30-day money-back guarantee on all plans
ZenMate lets you connect all your devices to a Bangladesh server simultaneously. I connected 8 and could use all of them smoothly at the same time. This meant I didn’t have to log out of the VPN on any of my devices, which kept me safe whenever I went online.
The Bangladesh servers were also fast when I tested them during several long-distance video calls on Zoom and WhatsApp over several days. My speeds averaged 57Mbps and I never experienced frozen screens or poor audio. The long-distance servers were 13% slower but didn’t affect the quality of my calls.
With 4800+ servers in over 81 countries including 15 in Bangladesh, ZenMate had no problems unblocking local and international content on:
|Amazon Prime Video||Disney+||BBC iPlayer|
Though last on this list, ZenMate has many security and privacy features to keep you safe while using a Bangladesh IP address, even if you’re connecting from public WiFi. These are:
- Military-grade 256-bit encryption — makes it almost impossible to see or get your information online.
- Strict no-log policy — guarantees your activities online with a Bangladesh IP address is not stored anywhere.
- Automatic kill switch — shuts off the internet when your computer goes to sleep while connected to the server in Bangladesh to avoid data leaks.
Unfortunately, the live chat button only appeared twice out of 10 times when I typed a question into the support box. I was instead shown a list of articles that don’t answer my question with no option to get in touch with a human. Emailing support was faster as they responded the same day.
Still, ZenMate is the cheapest VPN for Bangladesh on this list. The 3-year + 3 months plan is only $1.99 per month. Plus, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. I heard back from them just 6 hours after sending an email asking for a refund and got my money back in 2 weeks.
How Does a VPN Get a Bangladesh IP Address?
When you connect to a VPN server in Bangladesh, it will hide your real location and assign an IP address from the country. This makes it seem as if you’re visiting Bangladesh websites locally where their content is freely accessible.
Most streaming platforms have geo-blocks to protect their licensing agreements. Geo-blocks find out your location by checking your IP address. If it’s from a place not licensed for broadcasting a show, your access will be blocked even if you’re a paid subscriber.
Research Methodology: How I Tested the Best VPNs for a Bangladesh IP Address
I tested the top VPNs on the market to find out which ones are the best to get you a Bangladesh IP address from anywhere:
- Servers in Bangladesh — If a VPN doesn’t have servers in Bangladesh, it won’t be able to get you an IP address from the country. The more servers there are, the more local IP addresses are available.
- Ability to access local content — A local IP address alone isn’t enough to unblock Bangladesh content. Some websites have strong geo-blocks that only some VPNs can bypass
- Fast speeds — All VPNs affect speed and the further the Bangladesh server is from your actual location, the slower it becomes. The VPNs on this list have all been tested to be fast enough to handle high-bandwidth activities.
- Strong security and privacy — Good VPNs have military-grade encryption, IP leak protection, a kill switch, and a no-log policy. Others like ad and malware blockers are good to have.
- Apps for popular devices — Manual configuration can be cumbersome and get too technical, which is why I only selected VPNs that have native apps for major devices.
- Customer support — The VPNs on this list have multiple ways for you to contact their support agents when you’re far away from Bangladesh and need help.
FAQs: Changing Your IP Address With a VPN
Are VPNs legal in Bangladesh?
Yes, all the top VPNs to get a Bangladesh IP address are legal. In fact, you’re encouraged to use them to protect your privacy and security, especially when using public WiFi. The military-grade encryption will prevent eavesdroppers and hackers from seeing your activities.
However, it’s illegal to use a VPN to commit a crime or access a website or platform that’s banned in Bangladesh. VPNs are also not legal in some countries like China so you risk being prosecuted for connecting to a server in Bangladesh if you’re traveling in those countries.
Can I use a proxy to get a Bangladesh IP address instead of a VPN?
Yes, but it won’t do anything for your security and privacy. The top VPNs to get a Bangladesh IP address have several advantages over proxy servers because:
- Encrypting your traffic with a VPN is more secure than just hiding your IP address with a proxy.
- Proxies only hide your web browser connections while a VPN encrypts traffic from your entire device covering all apps.
- VPNs have no-log servers that are often audited, unlike proxy servers that are sometimes accessed by the operators to obtain and sell your data.
- The geo-blocks in most streaming platforms are easy for VPNs to overcome but too strong for proxies.
How do I check if my IP address has changed?
Click this IP address lookup tool link after connecting to a VPN server in Bangladesh. If your IP address has changed, the locator pin will be in Bangladesh. But if it’s where you’re currently located or somewhere else, there’s possibly a leak.
Try switching servers but if that doesn’t work, check who’s your provider. The VPNs on this list didn’t leak during tests so you can also try changing to a recommended VPN. Otherwise, contact your provider.
What else can a VPN do?
Besides unblocking platforms like Banglaflix from anywhere, the best VPN for Bangladesh like ExpressVPN can help you:
- Work remotely and access your company’s confidential files securely without risking industrial espionage.
- Avoid being intercepted by hackers on unsecured connections like public hotspots.
- Access your bank account in Bangladesh without triggering security alerts.
Can I use a free VPN to get a Bangladesh IP address?
No, most free VPNs don’t have servers in Bangladesh. Even if some recommended free VPNs have servers in the country, they provide limited IP addresses which often causes congestion. When servers are overcrowded, there isn’t enough bandwidth to support every user’s activity so the connections become slow.
Some free VPNs limit data so activities like streaming and downloading files are usually not possible. Others cap speed so it may take a few minutes to load a shopping site like ajkerdeal.com that has many photos.
What’s really frightening is that some of the worst free VPNs collect your data and sell them on the black market. You could become a victim of identity theft this way. Other bad providers hide viruses in their apps so they infect your device when you download them. These can sometimes secretly pass your information to third parties and risk your security.
To avoid these troubles, use a premium VPN like CyberGhost to get a Bangladesh IP address for free. Subscribe to the 2-year + 2 months plan, use all its features, and then ask for a refund within 45 days since it has a money-back guarantee.
Access Bangladesh Content With a VPN Now
There are many VPNs out there claiming to be the best to get you a Bangladesh IP address. But it’s hard to know how they perform until you start using them. Some VPNs are too slow for you to enjoy a movie or 2 while on holiday. Others can’t block your favorite streaming service.
That’s why I personally tested over 40 VPNs using critical criteria like speed, privacy, unblocking capabilities, and more. Only a few VPNs are practical for Bangladesh, regardless of how far away you’re connecting from.
Of all the VPNs I tested, ExpressVPN is the best because it proved to be super-fast, secure, and reliable in unblocking content. You can subscribe to ExpressVPN for Bangladesh without worries. If you’re not satisfied, you have up to 30 days to claim a refund.