I tried multiple times to find a free version of Microsoft 365 but was unsuccessful. The only options I found were pirated versions or downloads that were infected with malware. The pirated versions were also not entirely safe, as they usually have malware or unwanted programs added to the installer.
While Microsoft does have free online versions of all their apps, they reserve many of the advanced features, templates, formatting options, and file compatibility for paying customers.
The only safe and reliable solution I found was to follow this link and get a free 30-day trial of the entire Microsoft 365 collection. With this, I was able to write documents, create PowerPoint presentations, organize my data on spreadsheets, and set up my Outlook mail without having to make a payment.
Follow the steps below, and I’ll show you how to register your account, start the free trial, and download and install Microsoft 365 on your PC for free.
How to Download and Install Microsoft 365 on Your PC for Free
- Click on the link and go directly to the official Microsoft 365 free trial page.
- Press the Try 1 Month Free button.
- If you have a Microsoft account, log in now. Otherwise, click the Sign Up link and create a free account.
- After you log in to your account, Press the Next button to agree to the terms of the free trial.
- Select one of the available payment options and press Next.
- Enter your payment information and click the Save button. While Microsoft requires that you enter your payment details, you will not be charged until the free month is over.
- Press the Start Trial, Pay Later button.
- Microsoft will check that the payment information you entered is valid. Once confirmed, you can press the Continue button.
- You will see different options for accessing your Microsoft 365 apps. Press the Download Desktop Apps button, and your account page will open.
- Press the Install Office button, to download all of the Microsoft 365 apps.
- Choose the interface language you prefer for your Microsoft 365 apps and the version you want to download, and press the Install button.
- Select a file destination and press the Save button.
- After the download is complete, open the setup file and Microsoft 365 will instantly install all of the desktop apps to your computer.
Microsoft 365 Overview
Microsoft 365 is a subscription-based cloud service that includes a range of productivity and collaboration tools for personal and business use. It was first introduced as Office 365 in 2011, as a cloud-based version of Microsoft’s popular Office Suite. Since then, it has evolved to include a range of additional features and services and rebranded as Microsoft 365 in 2020.
The evolution of Office 365 to Microsoft 365 has seen the addition of services such as Microsoft Teams, a collaboration platform that allows teams to communicate, share files and work together in real-time. In addition to productivity tools, Microsoft 365 includes security and compliance features, such as data loss prevention, device management, and multi-factor authentication, to help keep user data secure. Microsoft Defender, a security solution that provides real-time protection against viruses, malware, and other threats, is also included in the suite.
Perhaps the biggest change from the older Office apps to the current Microsoft 365 is that all desktop apps are included in a single download instead of standalone apps. So you can take advantage of this opportunity and get all of the Microsoft 365 apps with a single subscription. You’ll quickly see how easy they are to use and how they can improve productivity for your entire office. You don’t have to take my word for it, when you can test all the apps free for one month, and see what a difference Microsoft 365 will make.
Microsoft 365 Features
Microsoft has long been a leader in the writing and editing industry. Aside from the well-known apps, there are some great features that can help improve your workflow, upgrade your content and improve your security.
Microsoft 365 Has The Best Collection of Productivity Apps
A Microsoft 365 subscription comes with access to the top productivity application around. These programs are designed to work together seamlessly, allowing you to create, edit, and share documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and notes from anywhere.
With the Office applications, you can:
- Collaborate with others in real-time on shared documents.
- Access your files from any device with an internet connection.
- Save time with built-in tools and templates.
Collaborate with Teams and Increase Productivity
Microsoft Teams is a collaboration and communication platform that brings together chat, meetings, files, and apps in one place. It makes it easier for working with a remote work staff or setting up meetings with clients. Some of the features included with Teams are:
- Having all your conversations, files, and apps in one place, and accessible from any device.
- Being able to join audio and video meetings through a simple interface.
- Streamlining productivity with third party integrations.
Get up to 1TB of cloud storage from OneDrive
Each member that is part of your Microsoft 365 account receives 1TB of OneDrive storage. The files are all encrypted, preventing unauthorized users from viewing potentially sensitive information. You can store, access, and share your files from anywhere, on any device, with just a few clicks.
In addition to cloud storage, OneDrive allows you to:
- Share files with others, even if they don’t have a Microsoft 365 account.
- Automatically backup your files, so you don’t have to worry about losing them.
- Work on your files offline, and the changes sync when you are back online.
Edit and Convert Videos with Ease Using Clipchamp
While the Clipchamp app is not a desktop app, it is a part of your Microsoft 365 subscription. The web-based video editing and conversion tool allows you to edit and convert videos through your browser. The intuitive interface makes it easy to create professional-looking videos, without needing any specialized software or skills.
Some of the top Clipchamp features include:
- Access to a wide range of editing tools, including trimming, splitting, resizing videos, and adding music, text, and effects.
- Change the background of your videos with a professional-grade green screen.
- Convert videos to a variety of formats, making it easy to share your videos with others.
Keep Your Family Safe Online with Microsoft Family Safety
Microsoft Family Safety is a parental control tool that helps you manage your family’s online activity and device usage. The parental control tool lets you set screen time limits, filter content, and monitor activity on Windows, XBOX, Android, and iPhones.
With Microsoft Family Safety, you can also:
- Create a centralized family calendar, set up event notifications, and connect with OneNote.
- Block websites, apps, and games on all connected devices.
- Get detailed reports of all online activities in a cloud-based dashboard.
Protect Your Data with Microsoft 365’s Security and Compliance Features
Microsoft 365 includes advanced security features and compliance tools that help you protect your data and meet regulatory requirements. You will have access to features such as data loss prevention, multi-factor authentication, and device management, among others, to help you keep your data secure. By using the security and compliance features in Microsoft 365, you will benefit by:
- Having peace of mind knowing your data is protected by advanced security measures.
- Meeting regulatory requirements and industry standards for data protection.
- Enforcing data retention policies and monitor compliance.
Microsoft 365 is compatible with the newer versions of Windows (7.1 and higher) and Mac (always compatible with the three newest macOS versions). However, there are no Microsoft 365 desktop apps that are compatible with Linux. As part of the Microsoft 365 upgrade, all of the desktop apps are bundled together.
Unlike the desktop versions, the mobile apps are available as standalone apps. After subscribing to one of the Microsoft 365 plans, you can download the apps you need to use on the go for Android and iOS devices.
The mobile apps are connected to your OneDrive account, so you can download, view, edit, create, and share your files from your phone. They were designed to be easy to use on smaller screens, and have features such as gesture based actions and responsive designs to make the most of the smaller screens. While the mobile apps might not have some of the advanced features as its desktop counterpart, the majority of the features, formats, layouts, and themes, are available.
Free Browser Based Apps
You can use any of the Microsoft 365 apps for free online, as long as you have an active Microsoft account. All of the top apps, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook are available through the browser, however some of the features, templates, and tools are restricted for premium accounts. Additionally, some of the apps include ads that can only be removed by purchasing a subscription plan. Some of the limitations of the free browser apps are:
- You must be online: There is no option to work on or access any files when you’re offline.
- Limited storage space: Instead of 1TB of OneDrive storage, free accounts only have 5GB.
- Limited Features: Lacks advanced features such as automating actions and integrating third-party software.
Minimum System Requirements
Before downloading Microsoft 365, make sure that your computer meets the system requirements. If your system doesn’t have the correct specs it could cause the apps or your computer to crash.
|Operation System||Windows 7, 8.1, 10, and 11.
Windows Server 2016 and 2019
|Processor||2-core 1.6 GhZ or faster|
|Memory||64-Bit system: 4 GB
32-Bit system: 2 GB
|Hard Disk Space||4 GB|
|Display||1280 x 768 screen resolution|
|Graphics||DirectX 9 or later|
|Operation System||MacOS 10.12 Sierra and later|
|Memory||4 GB of RAM|
|Hard Disk Space||10 GB|
|Display||1280 x 800 screen resolution|
|Graphics||No graphic card required|
|Android||Android 7.0 and higher|
|iOS||iOS 13 and higher|
For the best performance, it’s recommended to use the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or Safari.
How to Uninstall Microsoft 365
One of the nice improvements of Microsoft 365 is that everything comes as a single program. This means that you won’t have to uninstall each program, just one app.
- Type Add or Remove Program in the Windows search bar.
- Scroll down until you find Microsoft 365, and then click the Uninstall button.
- This will remove all of the Microsoft 365 apps from your computer.
Microsoft 365 Apps
While there have been many competitors coming out, none of them can match all of the features that come with Word. It has excellent grammar and spell-check tools, it works with plug-ins, and it has over a hundred fonts, professional templates, track changes, editing tools, comments, and much more. You Can try Word Free for 1 Month.
Millions of businesses around the world swear by Excel. No other spreadsheet software has been able to match all its tools. From simple number crunching to pivot tables and mapping data, Excel can really do it all. You Can try Excel Free for 1 Month.
While PowerPoint is one of the few Office apps that isn’t the best in its category, it’s still a top presentation tool. Creating a professional-looking presentation is easy, with hundreds of templates, transitions, and animations requiring no graphic design knowledge. One of the nice updates to PowerPoint is you can use your mouse as a laser pointer to help out while you’re presenting. You Can try PowerPoint Free for 1 Month.
This is more than just an email client. Outlook will organize your contacts and calendar and makes it easy to share document links from OneDrive within your organization. You Can try Outlook Free for 1 Month.
One of the lesser-known apps in this suite, Publisher, has carved out a nice little niche for itself. It can be used to create complex templates with a wide range of designs and fonts. If you’re creating magazines, newsletters, advertising material, etc., this is a better option than using Word templates. You Can try Publisher Free for 1 Month.
Create and manage databases with Microsoft Access. This is a better option than Excel when collating lots of data and information. Access isn’t available for mobile devices. You Can try Access Free for 1 Month.
This is easily the most important update from the original Microsoft Office. OneDrive is cloud-based storage that allows users to access files from anywhere, collaborate with others in real-time, and sync their work across all devices. Each user on the account will receive 1 TB of free storage.
Is Microsoft 365 free?
Microsoft 365 is a subscription-based program. However, you can get a free trial for one month, which gives you unlimited access to the entire collection of productivity apps risk-free.
Can I just buy one of the Microsoft 365 apps?
All the Microsoft 365 desktop apps are combined in a single download bundle. This means that you can’t purchase or download just one of the apps on your computer. However, the mobile apps are still available as standalone apps, and with your Microsoft 365 account, you’ll be able to connect to OneDrive and access your files from anywhere.
How do I cancel my Microsoft account?
Canceling your Microsoft account is actually pretty easy. Log in to your Microsoft account, and in your account settings, you can toggle the recurring payment button to off. You will continue to have access to your account until the end of the current billing cycle.
Is Skype part of Microsoft 365?
While Skype is part of Microsoft 365, it’s also available as a standalone app. When connected to your Microsoft 365 account, you’ll be able to integrate all your apps, such as setting up meetings and sharing contacts through Outlook or easily uploading Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files.
Are there mobile apps for Microsoft 365?
Microsoft recently released an all-in-one mobile app for Android and iPhone that has Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and more. But if you prefer to download separate apps just for the programs that you use, you can still download Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook as standalone apps. In both cases, you can connect to your OneDrive account, and your work will be saved. This will give you access to your files from anywhere.
Do I have to be online to use Microsoft 365?
No. You can work offline, and all of your work will be saved locally. Then, when you are back online, all your changes will be synced to your OneDrive account.Visit Microsoft 365 Website